Here you will find a compilation of various design related resources.
Here are some suggested vendors for procurement of electronic components and related items. Purchase options vary widely; some accept only credit cards, others take purchase orders. We have open accounts with some suppliers-- if you are with a BU research group the EDF can purchase items and bill you.
|Digi-Key||Easy to use websites; good for browsing|
|Newark Electronics||BU Discount (ask us); also sell test equipment|
|Arrow||Good for electronic components if you know exactly what you need|
|Computers and Components|
|Newegg||Low-cost suppliers of components. Read return policies carefully!|
|GovConnection||PC Connection (for Higher Ed. and Government customers)|
|All Electronics||These vendors may have great deals if they have what you need. Take a look.|
|Marlin P. Jones|
|Herbach and Rademan|
|Printed Circuit Boards|
|ExpressPCB||Inexpensive PCB fabrication with free design tools. Ask us for more details.|
- Electronics Design Facility Wiki - Education Materials, Informal Project Documention, and More..
- Software for Electronics Design - Free or Inexpensive Software which supports Electronics Design
- Eric's Library of data sheets and other useful publications, sorted by manufacturer
- Electronics Design News - News, & Business Strategy for Electronics Design Engineers
- RF Cafe - Resources for Radio, Radar, RF, Microwave, & Wireless Engineering
- eFunda - The Ultimate Online Reference for Engineers
- Engineers Edge - Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions
- GlobalSpec – Engineering Search & Industrial Supplier Catalogs
- ThomasNet® - CNC Machining, Metal Stamping, Gaskets, Fasteners and other industrial products and services.
- Design Squad - PBS KIDS GO!